Monday, November 5, 2007

Harvest Carnival

Halloween...a time for candy, cavities, costumes and carnivals! This past Wednesday, we had our very first Harvest Carnival. After a couple weeks of building, buying, painting, and outreach, we were ready to go! We had games, prizes, hot chili, and of course, candy; lots and lots of candy! There was a cake walk, sucker tree, bean bag toss, bowling, basket ball, and face painting with Joe, our very own clown!



At the beginning of the night, we weren't seeing too many people come through and we all had visions of eating chili and candy 'til Jesus came back! But as the night went on, they started to come and the candy level started to drop. We saw princesses, doctors, superheros, Jack Sparrow and some, well, we weren't quite sure what they were... We had around 150 people come throughout the night, and every piece of candy was gone and most of the food. I only got 7 pieces of candy, but I try not to be bitter... :) We got to meet new people and had opportunities to witess to the kids and their parents. The kids had fun with the games, and even some of the adults. We learned you could never have too much candy and you should never let a clown do his own make-up! (Haha! ;) Just kidding Joe!) The whole night was a wonderful time of food and fellowship! Although, I will never eat another bowl of chili again...EVER! :)

4 comments:

Chantelly said...

That's great!! It's okay girl, I didn't get any candy at all :( But I'll live, I already have enough at home! I'm happy everything went great, I'm sure a lot of seeds were planted. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Christmas(haven't called you that in a while), well just thought I would drop by and say hi. By the way you got more candy then i did:( I had to sneak some from my brothers! Well tell my Mohrmann family I said hi and I miss them.Love ya

JoeTheBro said...

That clown is pretty good looooking!!!!woowwweee

Cesar Ivan said...

Hey Kris what's up:) I didn't knew you had a blog jajaja I don't know if it's the Kristen I know, the Mohrmann one jajja I'm Cesar, I don't know if you remember me well, I'm friend to Pastor Erick and to you too jajaj even tough we have just seen each other for a couple of times. Can't wait to play a soccer game again jaja, ho yeha, and by the way THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SHIRT, I LOVED IT:)
Can't wait to see you again too!
I don't know what else to say in here so jaja I think I am a little bit shy maybe that's why:$
Hope you remember me, like the donuts, and that you think good about me:)
Ho and again THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING, I LOVED THE BRAZIL SHIRT SO MUCH JAJA THANK YOU REALLY
Don't know what else to say, everything else I have to tell you I'll tell you in person:D
So thank you so much, good luck to your family and their church and everything
Heard you were going to Greeley today, can't make it tough, but my parents are going to be there I think
Hope you see them over there
Maybe I'll see you Saturday cause I really want to see you cause I want to thank you so much for being a very good friend to me and for me
Hope you think the same way
So that's pretty much all I have to say jaja just that
See you Kris
Remember, Jesus Loves You:)