Monday, September 15, 2008

Sharon's Testimony

I grew up in a family of nothing but alcohol, drugs, mental and physical abuse. I was married three times and all three husbands were alcoholic and into drugs. I drank, but not too much. I started doing drugs (crack, cocaine) with my 3rd husband 15 years ago. I’d do them off and on. My husband and I separated 6 years ago and I just started doing drugs more and more. About 3 years ago I started getting high on a daily basis. After about 1½ years of steadily getting worse, I was reported to Social Services about my drug habit and my little girl was taken from me for 6 months. I had to do outpatient drug therapy and counseling to get her back, which I did, but not honestly. I had someone else doing U.A.’s for me while I was in therapy and continued doing drugs and beating the system, so I thought. I finally hit, I guess what you call rock bottom, and couldn’t quit drugs on my own. I cried and cried and even thought of suicide at times. One day, I just thought there has to be something or someone out there to help me. I finally decided to go to church and ask the Lord to help me. On November 10th, 2007 I asked Jesus Christ to come into my heart and help me, and Glory to God, something happened to me that I can’t even explain. Since then I’ve been clean and sober and I’ve lost all desire to get high. God helped me, and I know it was Him because I could not do it on my own. I love you Jesus for coming into my life and changing me.

It's amazing how time has flown by! We have been here one year this September! God has been so good to us this last year. We've seen many testimonies just like Sharon's; testimonies of lives changed forever. God has changed me too, and looking back at my life a year ago I can see where He's brought me from. It's hard to put into words what we feel and all that has happened but i know without a doubt that there's no place I'd rather be! Being here and being a part of seeing lives changed is such a hands on experience and it has really given me a compassion for people. I feel so priviledged to be here doing what God's called us to. It's almost overwhelming at times to think of all that is yet to come. We know that God is not done working in this city. We thank you all for your support. It means a lot to know that there are people that stand behind us and support what God is doing here. We love you all!